Fast Facts About SHSF:
- Year established: 1891
- Enrollment (Preschool – 8): 170 students
- Average Class Size: 16 students (K-8)
- Number of Classes per Grade Level: 1
- School Day: 8:15 a.m. – 2:40 p.m.
- Calendar Year: September – June
- Hot Lunch: Served daily – balanced and nutritious meals
- After Care Services Available (after-care hours: 2:40 p.m. – 5:05 p.m.)
Principal: David Estes
- 10 classroom teachers
- Special Teachers include: Academic Support, Library Media, Technology, Music and Band, Foreign Language, Art, Physical Education
- Strong Faith Formation Program
- K-8 Reading and Writing/Composition Program
- Common Core Math, English, and Language Arts Program
- Pre-Algebra/Algebra Program
- Technology embedded throughout curriculum
- Terra Nova standardized testing
- Fine Arts Program
- Preschool Program for 3 and 4 year-olds with flexible scheduling
- After-School Enrichment
- Service opportunities
- Liturgical Choir
- Spring Musical
- Four Winds Environmental Science
Main school built in 1928, the school’s traditional brick exterior emanates a strong sense of tradition, and has had many recent updates, including:
- Monitored and locked building entry
- Wireless campus
- Technology Lab
- SmartBoards in all classrooms
- Chromebooks for all middle school students
- Library (in separate building)
- Newly renovated pre-school area (in separate building)
- New multi-purpose area floor
We view parents as partners with us in the care, education, and spiritual growth of children. Parents are vital to our school and there are many volunteer opportunities, including room parents, classroom helpers, fundraising, lunch duty, and coaching.
- All volunteers must complete the Safe Environment Program called SAFE AND SACRED. (required by the Diocese of Burlington)
- Established pick-up procedures to ensure everyone’s safety leaving from school.
- RenWeb voice mail messaging system to contact school families via a primary phone number(s) regarding school closures and other important announcements.
- During the school year, all school entrances are secured and visitors enter through a secured main entrance
Visit Us – “Shadow A Student!”
To arrange a tour or to meet the principal and/or any member of our staff, please contact the School Office at 802-442-2446. We can even arrange for your child to “shadow” a student for a day in his/her grade level.